Family Affair: Decorating the Artificial Christmas Tree
Are you ready to make decorating your artificial Christmas tree into a family affair? If you are, then you are not alone in this type of thought. Many people decide to make decorating the tree a family affair and it will be memories that children will remember for years to come. In fact, it may start a tradition that kids carry on for centuries with their own children and grandchildren. With this being said, we have a few tips that can help you to turn this tradition into a great memory rather than one in which you are going to be fixing at night after the kids go to sleep!
- Go ahead and put the lights on yourself if you have an unlit artificial Christmas tree. Little hands are not going to be a help when stringing lights. In fact, when stringing lights it is almost easier for one person to handle this rather than working with several sets of hands.
- Explain to children how delicate some Christmas ornaments may be. If there are stories behind them, such as them belonging to you when you were their age, tell these stories. Kids love to hear stories and this is something that they are going to remember for years to come and pass these stories along to their own children.
- Let little ones handle decorating the bottom half of the tree, while older kids can handle the taller half. This way, you don’t have little ones trying to climb ladders or wanting to be lifted constantly.
- Remind everyone that they need to space out ornaments to make it look right. You may have to explain this or even show them what you mean. But, remember that the more you explain to them now, the less you have to correct later.
- Let everyone see the final result with the lights on, the tree topper in place and the like. They are going to find that they love to see just how their hard work has paid off!
Do you decorate the tree on your own? Or do you let this be a family affair? For many people, they opt to let kids have their own trees in their room that they can decorate however they want, and then the main tree in the home they do this on their own to ensure that this is perfect. Whatever you decide to do, you are making some great family memories.
You can follow along with DIY Christmas gifts here